Crawford County Fair
Tractor & Truck Pull
I.P.A.ALTERED STOCK 4X4 TRUCK
|The Crawford County Fair Asssociation would like to thank the following for sponsoring the pull.
804 W. Main St. Oblong, IL 62449
(618) 592-4211 fax: (618) 592-4214
Rules and Regulations:
Open exhaust permitted.
Hitch Point must be the maximum of 42 inches from the center of the rear axle. The hitch cannot connect to the axle in any way. Hitch pivot point cannot be in the front of the axle centerline. The hitch must be accessible and rigid. No floating hitches.
D.O.T tires only, maximum 35” inch diameter (no barred or cut tire allowed)
All trucks must have drive shaft loops and shields. Hitch height 26”inch maximum (4wd) Front weights are allowed must be secure Lost of weight will be cause for disqualification
No fuel tanks or batteries allowed the in cab expect factory located.
No sanctioned trucks or pulling club trucks allowed Diesel
No alcoholic beverages
DIESEL TRUCK RULES
1. Maximum Turbo inlet of 2.8” inch (1)- single turbo only allowed.
2. Stock injection pump
3. No water injection allowed
4. Radiator must be in the stock location and be original.
5. One ton or smaller driveline, OEM transfer case and transmission
6. Must use diesel road fuel, no fuel cell or no water injection allowed.
7. Stock type suspension only, Ladder Bars and Stops allowed.
8. The air cleaner must be in stock location no holes in the hood.
1.All driver must be at least 16 years of age, and if under 18 must have parents written permission (or guardian).
2. Same truck can only run once in the same class.
3. Judge has the option to inspect any entry at anytime.
4. Hitching device MUST HAVE a MINIMUM OF 3 ” INCH DIAMETER OPENING and be behind the rear portion of the body. All clevis made of a minimum of ¾” diameter.
5. Any pulling vehicle that runs and or skids out of bounds will be disqualified.
6. No pressurized containers, no nitrous oxide or nitro based fuels. No alcohol. No propane or butane on diesel engine. No water injection systems allowed. No unsafe fuels.
7. Any weight loss of weight while hooked to the sled, Will be cause for disqualification.
8. Dual wheel trucks one (1) ton or less allowed.
1. The batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver compartment.
Body: 1. The body must be the OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain full sheet metal. Metal after-market hoods are permitted. Fiberglass is prohibited. Brakes: 1. Four-wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory.
1. The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis etc., are prohibited.
1. Radiators must be in the stock location.
1. All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.
1. An OEM transmission and transfer case is mandatory. It must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup.
Driver Restraint System:
1. The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.
1. The engine is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM make-specific compression ignition engine.
1. The fuel must be pump #2 diesel only. Soy/Biodiesel fuel is permitted. Off-road diesel fuel is prohibited.
Fuel Injection Pump:
1. The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine model-specific pump only. Pumps from different years in the same engine model may be interchanged.
1. Non-OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. It must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up. The rear end must be the model supplied with the vehicle as manufactured.
1. The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted.
1. An OEM-style suspension is mandatory. Lowering or raising the vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted; they must be bolt-on only; welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing. Control arms may be strengthened or replaced, provided all original mounting points are retained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, limit straps, and camber kits are permitted. The rear suspension must maintain a minimum shock travel of one inch. All rear suspensions must use at least one working shock absorber per wheel.
1. Tow vehicles are prohibited.
1. Non-OEM transfer cases are prohibited. The transfer case must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up truck.
1. Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of tail housing with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. ll vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1.
1. Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and equipped with a manual transmission must have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened
1. The vehicle must retain the original factory wheelbase and track width.
CONTEST TO BE GOVERNED BY JUDGES JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND TAKE PRECEDENT OVER ALL PRINTED MATERIAL
NOT RESPONSIBLE IN CASE OF ACCIDENT
For a copy of the stock rules Stock rules
CONTEST TO BE GOVERNED BY JUDGES
ALL DECISIONS FINAL
NOT RESPONSIBLE IN CASE OF ACCIDENT
To download Adobe Reader: Adobe