Premiums Offered $9,000.00
See rules Governing Swine for Entry and Exhibition
Entries close 6 p.m. Saturday, July 22, 2023
Entry Fee $20.00 on winners only
Maintenance Fee: $19.00 per head
Open to the State of Illinois
Breed Order is as follows:
Berkshire, Chester White, Duroc, Hampshire, Polands, Spots, Yorkshire & AOBís
Livestock must be on the grounds by 10:00 pm Sunday, July 23 2023.
Release Wednesday, July 26, 2023 after 10:00 pm. per 72 hour rule per the STATE OF ILLINOIS
1. All gilts exhibited in the division must have been farrowed on or after January 1, current year, barrows January 15, current year
2. All swine must be owned by exhibitor by June 1, current year.
3. All animals entered must be registered in the name of the exhibitor only and are required to have registration papers at check in. Paper must match exhibitor’s name in which they are entered. All animals exhibited shall be plainly ear marked and these ear marks will be inspected.
4. Ear Notch Identification is acceptable for barrow, crossbred gilts and breeding as long as they are in-state hogs.
5. Each exhibitor must be responsible for his market animal (barrow to be weighed at the designated time.)
6. Barrow Class weights may be altered by superintendent to balance classes. .
7. All crossbred animals will be weighed. Scales are located in the 4-H barn so please prepare for this.
8. Show is open to any exhibitors ages 5-21 as of Jan 1, 2023
9 . Barrows and gilts will be shown by breeds- Duroc, Hampshire, York, Landrace, Berkshire, Spot, Poland-china, Chester White, Crossbred and AOB
10. Non Crawford County 4-H animals will be required to house in the open show barn on the East side of the fairgrounds. Loading to trailer for day of show is acceptable but please note parking is limited and please be courteous to those already parked and do not block anyone in.
Pens $19.00 per head
First $75.00; Second $70.00; Third $65.00; Fourth $60.00
Important announcement - registration papers
Exhibitors are required to have their registration papers available at all times. Especially the day of the show.