Premiums Offered $9,000.00
See rules Governing Swine for Entry and Exhibition
Entries close 6 p.m. Saturday, July 24, 2021
Entry Fee $20.00 on winners only
Maintenance Fee: $19.00 per head
Open to the State of Illinois
Breed Order is as follows:
Berkshire, Chester White, Duroc, Hampshire, Polands, Spots, Yorkshire & AOBís
Due to the uncertainity of covid restrictions for the 2021 fair. Livestock will be released as soon as show is over. If you have any questions about show times, be sure to contact department superintendent.
Show to be Sunday July 25, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
1. All gilts exhibited in the division must have been farrowed on or after January 1, current year, barrows January 15, current year
2. All swine must be owned by exhibitor by June 1, current year.
3. All animals entered must be registered in the name of the exhibitor only and are required to have registration papers at check in. Paper must match exhibitor’s name in which they are entered. All animals exhibited shall be plainly ear marked and these ear marks will be inspected.
4. Ear Notch Identification is acceptable for barrow, crossbred gilts and breeding as long as they are in-state hogs.
5. Each exhibitor must be responsible for his market animal (barrow to be weighed at the designated time.)
6. Barrow Class weights may be altered by superintendent to balance classes. .
7. All crossbred animals will be weighed. Scales are located in the 4-H barn so please prepare for this.
8. Show is open to any exhibitors ages 5-21 as of Jan 1, 2021
9 . Barrows and gilts will be shown by breeds- Duroc, Hampshire, York, Landrace, Berkshire, Spot, Poland-china, Chester White, Crossbred and AOB
10. Non Crawford County 4-H animals will be required to house in the open show barn on the East side of the fairgrounds. Loading to trailer for day of show is acceptable but please note parking is limited and please be courteous to those already parked and do not block anyone in.
Pens $19.00 per head
First $75.00; Second $70.00; Third $65.00; Fourth $60.00
Important announcement - entry fees
Entry fees will no longer be deducted from the premium check, due to a change in state regulations. On Friday, July 30, 2021 when premium checks are available, the exhibitor will be required to pay entry fees for exhibits entered. Entry fees are collected for winners only. Exhibitor will not receive the premium check until , the entry fees are collected. No checks will be mailed till entry fees are collected. If exhibitor wants to have premium checks mailed, must pay entry fees before leaving fair.