Compacts, Pickups, Powderpuff - 7:00 p.m. - Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Full Size - Outlaw 7:00 p.m. - Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Full Size Regulations Select here for Compacts, here for Pickups, here for Powder Puff , here for Outlaw
$25.00 Entry Fee to be paid night of event , except Outlaw
Pit Pass $10.00
No entries taken after 6:00 p.m.
No Chrysler Imperials Allowed
"Each Driver and Mechanics Have an Obligation to Read the Rules for their Best Interest."
RULES AND REGULATIONS - ALL RULES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
A. Each driver must fill out an entry blank. All drivers must supply their own cars, only one per
person. Proof of ownership may be required on each car entered.
B. All drivers and/or pit persons 16 or 17 years of age must have a notarized release signed by
his or her parent or guardian. Nobody under 16 years of age can drive or be in the pit area.
C. The track or promoters reserves the right to approve or reject any and all entries.
D. Only drivers, owners, mechanics, etc. who sign a release sheet will be permitted in the pit area
or on the track. Drivers only to receive free pit pass upon registration of car on day of show. No
one will be allowed in the pit area without a pit pass.
E. Any driver or crew member disobeying the rules will cause his or her car to be disqualified.
Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew members.
F. The fair association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts or personal property before,
during and after the show or overnight.
TOWING AND TRANSPORTING CARS
1. Towing and transporting Demolition Derby cars to and from race locations must meet highway
safety codes (including proper light controls, safety chains, tow bars, towing trailers, etc.)
TYPE OF CAR
1. Any American made, hardtop automobile or station wagon is allowed.
No trucks, convertibles, jeeps, hearses. limousines are allowed.
PREPARATION OF CAR
(Remove following before arriving at fairgrounds or track.)
1. All glass including windshield, side windows, rear window, head and tail lights, will be removed
before entering fairgrounds. Rolling windows down is not permitted!!
2. Chrome molding strips and the bottom portion of rear seats must be removed. All rear decking
and seats from station wagons must be removed also.
3. Any sharp protruding fins or dangerous objects (mash down or cut off).
4. No special bumpers (reinforcements), fabrications, or trailer hitches. No welding on front or
rear bumper. No welding to rear of car. No welding or patching or fabricating of frames. Bumpers
must have stock mounts.
5. Welded solid or chained down engine mounts are recommend.
6. Radiators must remain in original position or be taken off. Comparable replacement radiators
are permitted. Transmission coolers are permitted in the engine compartment or in the drivers
compartment, but must be securely fastened.
7. Roll bars or cages are allowed but not necessary. Roll bars are not to extend 8” past the back
of the front seat, and to be supported on the drivers side only can not be attached to frame.The
other three sides can be welded to sheet metal.
8. All doors must be fastened shut by wire, straps, chains or welded for the driver's safety. Doors
can be welded solid. No gussets on rear windows of any wagon. Also no fabrications welded to
the top of the car. Roll bars can not go over roof of car.
9. Two batteries any size, are allowed. If battery is to be moved from original position, it must be
placed on floorboard of driver's compartment, and securely fastened and covered.
10. Cutting fenders for wheel clearance only is permissible and ends of bumpers may be cut off.
11. Hood, may be fastened in four (4) places. Trunk or tailgate may be fastened down in (8)
places, with only two (2) strands of wire through each hole. If all thread is used, it may only be
used in two places on hood of car, 1” diameter limit. All thread must be store bought all thread.
Can be welded to frame, with no excessive bracing of all thread to frame. No sleeves on all
threads. No welds on hood, trunk or tailgate. Wiring must be from sheet metal to sheet metal. No
other wiring to bumpers or frames. Inspection official will make decision on over use of wire.
Hood and trunk must be left open until after inspection.
12. Driver's door must be painted white for safety and numbering. Special numbers are permitted.
If not painted $1.00 charge per door will be assessed to have it painted.
13. Stock gas tanks must be removed from original position and placed in rear passenger area
and no farther forward than the rear of the front seat. All tanks must be securely fastened to floor
and covered. A portable tank is recommended in place of the original. Gas lines and fittings to
fuel tanks must be secured and leak proof. Only metal or rubber gas lines permitted. No plastic
lines! Approximately four (4) gallons of gas permitted per heat. No stock tanks. No electric fuel
pumps of any kind are permitted. NO EXCEPTIONS Inspection official will give final approval on
tanks and fittings.
14. Auto must be swept clean. No junk tires, wheels metal parts, broken glass, etc. allowed in car.
15. Each driver and mechanics must sign in at registration desk the day of show and have their
car inspected at least one hour prior to show time.
16. It is recommended that the driver's door be reinforced inside with steel bar, angle iron, or
pipe. Length not to extend more than 8" (eight inches) on either end of driver's door.
17. It is mandatory that an 3 openings be cut in hood approximately 14 - 18” square or diameter,
if not using headers. . Hood and trunk latches must be removed. Also recommended that a hole
should be cut in middle of trunk lid for visibility.
18. No restrictions on tire sizes. No double tires or liquid in tires permitted. You can use mud tires.
No stud or screws in rims to hold tires. Wheel weights must be removed.
19. A strong wire or nylon mesh screen is recommended on driver's window and windshield area.
Plexiglass is permitted in driver's windshield.
20. No modifications of front or rear suspension of any kind! No smashed shocks. Shocks must
have 1" travel. No changing of leaf or coil springs.
21. No switching of sub-frames.
22. May cross engine to different makes.
23. No added sheet metal braces to interior or exterior of car of any kind except what is outlined
24. No flags, cans, or any objects mounted to top or outside of car.
25. No bolts or screws of any kind in hood, trunk, or fenders.
26. Body can not be welded to frame. No welding seams of frame. No chains from sheet to frame
or from frame to frame. No chains on suspension.
1. Safety belt, Z-90 approved helmet, goggles, or face shields are required.
2. No deliberate head-on collisions and no deliberate hitting on driver's door. This will be strictly
3. Vehicles must have dependable brakes at all times and boundaries must be observed. Any car
shoved or driven out of bounds may immediately be disqualified if it is a safety hazard!
4. No drinking of alcoholic beverages on track, emergency vehicle area or in pit area. Any driver
or pit person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be immediately disqualified and removed
from the grounds. Coolers will be checked and confiscated if they contain alcohol, until the duration
of the race.
5. No cars are permitted in the competition area before the heat in which they are to participate.
6. A vehicle will be disqualified if the driver's door comes open during a heat.
7. One minute limit is enforced by the track officials for restarts and making competitive contact
with another car. Hits must be aggressive. Simple contact within the time limit does not constitute
combat and could be considered sandbagging.
8. All cars are to be removed from the fairgrounds or race track following the show or they will
become the property of the Fair Association and the officials will have them removed (unless otherwise
specified at the driver's meeting). A removal deposit may be required in some cases.
9. A fire extinguisher is recommended at close reach in driver's compartment.
10. There will be two inspections of the cars. One in the pit area before the derby begins and one
immediately before entering the track for the feature.
11. Heat Race winners and feature winner cars will be re-inspected. If a car is suspected of any
reinforcement causing no bending or damage to car, money’s and trophies will not be given.
(Additional safety regulations may be imposed, depending on track.)
The Derby will be composed of individual heats and one Feature.
If it says you can do it, DO IT. If it does not say do it, Don't do it!!!
Derby Officials have the final decisions on all vehicles!!!!
For a printable version in PDF format click this link : Demo
Rules, Entry Form
To download Adobe Reader: Adobe